Listen to 5. Digging Deeper Into Our Mom Faith with Kayla Josefiak on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
When I think of motherhood, I think of chaos, overwhelm, and always too much going on. It can be very stressful, and it’s easy to feel like we have nowhere to turn when things get tough. If you’ve ever felt this way, you are so not alone my friend!
In today’s episode, I’m talking with an amazing guest, Kayla Josefiak, all about creating a relationship with Jesus when we’re in the season of motherhood. Kayla and I believe that God calls us to motherhood, and while it’s not easy, building a strong foundation for our faith can help us better navigate this journey. We’re talking about exploring our faith during life-altering moments, bringing faith into our everyday lives as we’re raising families, the power of ‘messy’ prayer when we’re feeling anxious, finding joy in the little, everyday things, and more. This is a very real and beautiful conversation about digging deeper into our mom faith, and I know it’s one you’re going to love!
Kayla Josefiak was born and raised in agriculture. She's a rancher's daughter turned farmer's wife. Her family has raised purebred cattle for years and her husband's family row crop farms along with running a herd of commercial Angus cattle. People in agriculture are some of the best people in this world and Kayla wouldn't be where she is today without that community.
After getting the coveted college degree and trying her hand at teaching for a few years, her husband Ty and Kayla decided she would stay home with her babies and live that farm wife life, which she absolutely loves!
She's battled mental health for most of her life—her official diagnosis came at 13 and 22, but she remembers being anxious when she was as young as 6.
Kayla is an (almost) Christian Mental Health & Life Coach who is obtaining her certification from the Health Coach Institute. Health and Wellness have always been incredibly important to Kayla. Her daily workouts along with fueling her body properly has made past physical and mental health issues alleviate themselves. It's been a journey that she absolutely adores and loves to share with her clients!
God put life coaching on Kayla's heart a long time ago and she feels called to share how your decision to wake up every day enjoying your life and your surroundings is a choice. Simply put: life can be as good or as bad as you make it; it all starts with our relationship with God, and our relationship with ourselves.
In this episode, digging deeper into our mom faith, we cover:
- Kayla’s story of growing up in agriculture and sports, and her battle with mental health issues from a young age
- Pivotal moments in Kayla’s life that led her to really dive into and start exploring her faith more after becoming a mom
- The practice of bringing faith into your everyday life and incorporating it with your family
- Relying on your faith and truly trusting God when you’re part of a farm marriage and family
- How Kayla is currently supporting women with their faith and wellness + her decision to pursue certification as a health and life coach
- Finding joy right where you are instead of comparing to others on social media
- Choosing to give yourself grace (and actually receive it from God) in motherhood
Resources & Links:
- Supporting our Littles eBook Waitlist
- Kids Task Chart [FREE download]
- Buy some 2383 Farms Beef!
- 2383 Farms All Beef Cookbook
- Check out some recipes on our blog
- Midnight Mom Devotional
- The Power Of A Praying Mom
- The One Year Praying through the Bible for Your Kids
- Precious Moments
- The Power of a Praying Kid
- God Bless You and Goodnight
- God Bless My Family
- God Bless My Bedtime Prayers
Connect with Kayla:
- Follow on Instagram @kaylajosefiak
- Check out Kayla’s website
- Fortitude 3.0 (launching in January 2024) - https://e5rfjinogib.typeform.com/to/YYHPEwtd
- 1:1 Client Waitlist (opening applications late December to begin in January 2024) - https://www.kaylajosefiak.com/coaching#coaching
Connect with Amanda:
- Follow on Instagram @2383farms
- Follow on Facebook @2383farms
- Check out my website
- Subscribe to our email list
- Episode 2: Establishing Routines & Structure in Our Homes with Emily Reuschel
- Episode 3: Making The Most Out Of Harvest Season
More about The Busy Farm Mom podcast:
Are you always questioning if you’re a good enough mom? Are you confused on what nutritional options are best for your family to be healthy and nourished? Are you burning the candle at both ends and feeling desperate to find ways to take better care of your family & your own wellness?
Welcome to The Busy Farm Mom! The podcast where we deep dive to answer these questions and so much more! Tune in for conversations with me, your host, Amanda, as we come together in this space to relate to one another & all the facets of being a busy farm mom.
We will discuss topics such as navigating motherhood, deciphering food choices, holistic wellness, and how agriculture ties into all of it. Think of this podcast as a community for farm moms, to chat about all the decisions we make to care for our families. We are in this together!
My goal of this podcast is to relate to so many of you when you don’t feel like you’re enough. I want you to walk away feeling equipped, confident, and joyful about your role as a busy farm mom so that you can thrive, and therefore, your family can thrive, too.
We can gather around as friends in this space, while being in our most chaotic stages of life, whether you’re chasing your toddler, preparing endless amounts of meals for your family, driving to work, or running the grain cart. This space is an opportunity to grow and learn simple tips from me & so many special guests on ways we tackle that doubt of “are we a good enough mom?” Kick that thought out of your mind and come join our judgment free zone, where we will never question that you’re doing a great job mama!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!