Listen to Get Healthy With Gut Health with Michala Petersen on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
In today’s episode, I’m talking with another fun guest, Michala Petersen. I first connected with Michala through one of her sourdough workshops, and I immediately knew she was someone I wanted to have here on the podcast! Not only was I in awe of sourdough after her workshop, but I was also in awe of her energy, and the incredible work she is doing within her family and community. We’re talking all about gut health and simple ways you can start improving your gut health, getting started with sourdough and the endless recipes you can make with it, the amazing benefits of Juice Plus+, and more.
Michala has a true passion for helping others become healthier from the inside out, and she is doing big things in the world. I know you’re going to love all of the knowledge and energy she has to share with you today!
Michala Petersen is a feisty pharmacist from Minden, NE. She grew up working in her dad’s funeral home, and has always had a fond love for serving others. She wanted to pursue a career in the medical field, so after graduating from University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy in 2006, she thought that being a community pharmacist was her calling. Michala was introduced to Juice Plus+ in August of 2014 and quickly realized the impact she could have as a prevention medicine ambassador. Michala became a National Marketing Director with the Juice Plus+ Company in January of 2016, and she’s now enjoying being a full time homeschooling Juice Plus+ Mama! She and her husband, Mark, live on a ranch with their 4 crazy kiddos (ages 15, 13, 11, and 9), so life is never dull. In her spare time, Michala enjoys spending time with friends and family, checking cattle, spending time at the lake, teaching sourdough workshops, and inspiring healthy living in any way to avoid laundry folding!
In this episode, get healthy with gut health, we cover:
- Michala’s story of changing career paths that allowed her more quality time with her family + her introduction to sourdough
- What gut health really is + how you can start improving your gut health
- Getting started with sourdough (and why it’s easier than you may think)
- The Pure Hope Foundation, and why Michala is passionate about the work this organization is doing
- The incredible benefits of Juice Plus+ and how Michala incorporates it into her and her family’s daily life
- Knowing that God’s ability to redeem your kids far outweighs any mistakes you make when you’re raising them
Resources & Links:
- Juice Plus +
- Donate to Pure Hope Foundation HERE
- Supporting Our Littles eBook
- Kids Task Chart [FREE download]
- Buy some 2383 Farms Beef!
- 2383 Farms All Beef Cookbook
- Check out some recipes on our blog
Connect with Michala:
- Follow on Instagram @mnmpetersen
Connect with Amanda:
- Follow on Instagram @2383farms
- Follow on Facebook @2383farms
- Check out my website
- Subscribe to our email list
- Email Amanda at email@example.com
- Episode 2: Establishing Routines & Structure in Our Homes with Emily Reuschel
- Episode 4: Raising Kids With Farming & Oils with Heather Nienhueser
More about The Busy Farm Mom podcast:
Are you always questioning if you’re a good enough mom? Are you confused on what nutritional options are best for your family to be healthy and nourished? Are you burning the candle at both ends and feeling desperate to find ways to take better care of your family & your own wellness?
Welcome to The Busy Farm Mom! The podcast where we deep dive to answer these questions and so much more! Tune in for conversations with me, your host, Amanda, as we come together in this space to relate to one another & all the facets of being a busy farm mom.
We will discuss topics such as navigating motherhood, deciphering food choices, holistic wellness, and how agriculture ties into all of it. Think of this podcast as a community for farm moms, to chat about all the decisions we make to care for our families. We are in this together!
My goal of this podcast is to relate to so many of you when you don’t feel like you’re enough. I want you to walk away feeling equipped, confident, and joyful about your role as a busy farm mom so that you can thrive, and therefore, your family can thrive, too.
We can gather around as friends in this space, while being in our most chaotic stages of life, whether you’re chasing your toddler, preparing endless amounts of meals for your family, driving to work, or running the grain cart. This space is an opportunity to grow and learn simple tips from me & so many special guests on ways we tackle that doubt of “are we a good enough mom?” Kick that thought out of your mind and come join our judgment free zone, where we will never question that you’re doing a great job mama!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!