We’ve all heard the saying ‘new year, new me’, and this couldn’t be truer for me as we’re now in 2024! The year of 2023 was honestly a major struggle for me - I started the year planning and creating so many expectations for myself in multiple areas of my life. I quickly realized, there was no way I could do ALL the things, and I was setting myself up to fail miserably.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about my personal growth journey, and how that’s really impacted all areas of my life - my family life, my health, and my business. From digging deeper into my health and wellness and my involvement in masterminds, to learning I need to set boundaries and not fill up every spare moment I have, 2023 was a life-changing year..in more ways than one. I feel like I’ve finally learned that I don’t HAVE to do it all, nor do I want to. I also now know that the word ‘busy’ doesn’t have to mean something negative - it’s more about how I’m choosing to do things differently for myself, and my family, moving forward.
I know my 2024 will be lived a LOT slower than previous years, and I’m really looking forward to that. I hope this episode brings you some encouragement and a fresh perspective for the year ahead, too!
In this episode, New Year New Me - But Take It Up A Step, we cover:
- Digging deeper into my health in 2023 by working with a functional medicine practitioner, and what happened as a result
- My involvement in masterminds in 2023 + the big realizations that came from those
- Choosing to be very intentional with your time and setting boundaries, instead of filling up your calendars every month of the year
- My decision to do a parasite cleanse, vitamin C infusions, and more + the dramatic results I’ve already noticed with my overall health
- Changing the way we think of the word ‘busy’, and how this relates to the name of my podcast
- My reflections on 2023 + how I want to look and feel in 2024, and beyond
- The power in surrounding yourself with like-minded women who are pursuing similar goals, and also, encouraging you to keep going
Resources & Links:
- Reading Chart download
- The Good Movement Draws Good Movement Podcast with Terryn Drieling
- Gather in Growth with Emily Reuschel | Episode 73
- Supporting Our Littles eBook
- Four complete meals with recipes [FREE download]
- Buy some 2383 Farms Beef!
- 2383 Farms All Beef Cookbook
- Check out some recipes on our blog
Connect with Amanda:
- Follow on Instagram @2383farms
- Follow on Facebook @2383farms
- Check out my website
- Subscribe to our email list
- Episode 2: Establishing Routines & Structure in Our Homes with Emily Reuschel
- Episode 6: Get Healthy With Gut Health with Michala Petersen
Some links referenced above are affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
More about The Busy Farm Mom podcast:
Are you always questioning if you’re a good enough mom? Are you confused on what nutritional options are best for your family to be healthy and nourished? Are you burning the candle at both ends and feeling desperate to find ways to take better care of your family & your own wellness?
Welcome to The Busy Farm Mom! The podcast where we deep dive to answer these questions and so much more! Tune in for conversations with me, your host, Amanda, as we come together in this space to relate to one another & all the facets of being a busy farm mom.
We will discuss topics such as navigating motherhood, deciphering food choices, holistic wellness, and how agriculture ties into all of it. Think of this podcast as a community for farm moms, to chat about all the decisions we make to care for our families. We are in this together!
My goal of this podcast is to relate to so many of you when you don’t feel like you’re enough. I want you to walk away feeling equipped, confident, and joyful about your role as a busy farm mom so that you can thrive, and therefore, your family can thrive, too.
We can gather around as friends in this space, while being in our most chaotic stages of life, whether you’re chasing your toddler, preparing endless amounts of meals for your family, driving to work, or running the grain cart. This space is an opportunity to grow and learn simple tips from me & so many special guests on ways we tackle that doubt of “are we a good enough mom?” Kick that thought out of your mind and come join our judgment free zone, where we will never question that you’re doing a great job mama!
Make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode!